Habilitation Specialist 1 - Broome

Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be:
1.Permanent service as a Habilitation Specialist 1, OR;
2.Eligible to 70.1 transfer to a Habilitation Specialist 1 title, OR;
3.Reachable on the current Civil Service List for Habilitation Specialist 1.
4.Provisional appointment will be considered if there are no other qualified candidates. To be eligible for provisional appointment pending exam, candidates must meet the qualifications as described on the GOT-IT website.
Work with individuals with developmental disabilities to help them lead richer lives. You would instruct and guide these individuals in developing basic learning and self-help skills, as well as communication, community, and prevocational skills. In addition, helping individuals reach their optimal level of functioning by assisting in goal setting, assisting in the development and evaluation of habilitation plans consistent with Service Plans, and monitoring and recording individual progress. May also instruct and observe direct care staff in employing appropriate strategies with individuals consistent with their habilitation plans.
Develop program and plan activities for assigned groups.
Review ongoing performance data.
Provide and/or assist staff in carrying out services and activities.
Provides guidance and training to direct care staff in the implementation of goals and service plans; and may supervise direct care staff in implementing those plans.
Other duties as assigned.
Specifics of assignment to be discussed during interview.
Additional Comments Please note:
For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.

Don't Be Fooled

The fraudster will send a check to the victim who has accepted a job. The check can be for multiple reasons such as signing bonus, supplies, etc. The victim will be instructed to deposit the check and use the money for any of these reasons and then instructed to send the remaining funds to the fraudster. The check will bounce and the victim is left responsible.

More Jobs

Day Habilitation Specialist - HIRING EVENT 8/22
Sea Cliff, NY ACLD
Habilitation Specialist - Community Connection...
Mount Morris, NY Arc of Livingston-Wyoming
Jamaica, NY Birch Family Services
Credentialing Specialist 1
Latham, NY Beacon Health Options
Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist ...
Tupper Lake, NY State of New york